Monday, March 17, 2008

joy

Every single day I wake up I find myself in the same position I was in the day before. As I come out of the drowsy state I realize it is another day of fighting for joy. This world is so full of negative things. things that bring us down and tell us were not good enough. So many people don't know how to desire God. I have come to realize that in the past two years of my life I have discovered depravity. A hunger from deep inside my gut, my soul, that tells me there is something taken from me that I have to fight back for. A fight that involves me waking each day and beginning it with longing for something more. Something that will bring a smile to my face and a warmth in my chest. If I woke each morning and knew everything was ok than something would be incredibly wrong. I cannot ever see myself being content with the present state I am in. God calls me to do something greater. He promises me something more that will bring to happiness. Each day is a battle for Joy. Each smile on my face, each little thing that you do that makes me laugh, brings me closer to Him. Each and everyone of us should wake each day longing for more joy, more passion, more hunger, more of Him, more of the God that created this Earth, that stole my heart, that restored my soul, that wiped away my sin and told me that there is something more. He is the creator, the master, my father, my friend, my longing, my comfort, my happiness, my salvation, my boat, my strength, my sword, my purpose, and my joy.

im only human after all


jason

2 comments:

Dannybrou said...

I needed to hear that. Thanks for putting it into words.

J.L. Williams said...

A battle it is. Loved this post Jas. Keep fighting the good fight and know that we are right there with you. We love ya, so glad you are a part of the fram! So blessed to have you in my life!